Socialize Your Pup!
Attention puppy owners! Training and socialization are essential parts of caring for a new puppy. Start training your puppy now, before Fido makes the Tazmanian Devil look like a couch potato!
A Poorly Socialized Dog:
- Jumps on people
- Drags you down the street
- Bothers neighbors
- Soils inside your home
- Aggressively protects food dishes and toys
- Rips apart your house or yard
- Acts "out of control"
- Is an embarrassment
- Might be euthanized because of misbehavior
A Well Socialized Pup Is:
- Much easier to train
- Less likely to bite
- Comfortable with new people, places, pets, or things
- Easier to groom, board, and medically treat
- More predictable and safer
- More enjoyable for the whole family
- A better companion
Your veterinarian wants you to experience the wonderful things a canine companion can offer. Please ask the veterinary staff for information about proper puppy training including obedience school. Let us celebrate the joy of a properly socialized pet.
Sponsored by the Rhode Island Veterinary Medical Association