The OCYL is one of many Departments of the Town dedicated to improving the quality of life for our residents.
Additional Town services for children and youth include:
- Early Intervention Screenings: Contact Kathy Gibney at (401) 658-1600, ext. 404
- Parks and Recreation: Offices are located at Diamond Hill Park. A children’s summer camp is offered in addition to a wide choice of programming and athletics year-round. The Monastery Playground and Picnic area are managed by the department. Contact Mike Crawley at (401) 334-9996.
- The Cumberland Public Library: The Cumberland Library has programming and resources for children and youth of all ages. It is located adjacent to OCYL providing additional services for students and families. Contact (401) 333-2552.
Additional Community Non-Profit Organizations offering educational programs include:
- The Blackstone River Theater: Phone (401) 725-9272.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Cumberland-Lincoln. Phone (401) 830-3845
- Clube Juvenetude Lusitania
- Cumberland Land Trust
- The Historic Metcalf-Franklin Farm Preservation Association. Email
- The MacColl YMCA in Lincoln. Phone: (401) 725-0773.
- Mercy Ecology at New Dawn Center (401) 333-1207
To be added to this list, please contact Liz Lemire.