How do I make a complaint or commend an Officer?

Officer Complaints:

Some complaints, such as rudeness or discourtesy, will normally be handled by the officer's immediate supervisor or shift commander. Complaints deemed to be serious will be handled by Internal Affairs. You can contact Internal Affairs by coming in person to C.P.D. Headquarters, or call and ask to speak to the Internal Affairs Office. Also, you can download the both the "Complaint Pamphlet" and "Complaint Form." 


Officer Commend:

Should you choose to commend an officer for his/her actions or decisions you can simply call or stop into the police station and ask to speak with the Officer In Charge. We take these calls seriously as well and we will make sure the Chief of Police is made aware of any officer who exemplifies professionalism while in the course of duty.