Pedestrian Safety Rules:
- Always use a crosswalk. If there are no crosswalks available, pedestrians must yield the right-of-way to motorized vehicles.
- When sidewalks are provided, it is unlawful for any pedestrian to walk along or upon an adjacent road. However, it is okay to jog or run along and upon a road.
- There is no walking, jogging, or running on any interstate highway within Rhode Island
- When sidewalks are not provided, walk, jog, or run only on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Any person jogging or running ½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise shall wear reflective material visible by low beam head lamps from a distance of 500 feet.
- No person shall stand in a roadway for the purpose of soliciting a ride from a driver of any vehicle.