Cumberland Town Hall is now operating under Summer hours. Town Hall will be open for business from 9 AM to 4 PM on Monday – Friday. Thank you!
The weekly curbside collection of yard waste within the Town of Cumberland will end on June 11, 2021. However, yard waste collection will continue on a bi-weekly basis during the summer season beginning on Monday, June 21, 2021. The townwide collection of yard waste every two weeks will continue until September 24, 2021. The weekly collection of yard waste will again resume on October 4, 2021. An updated fall collection schedule will be published at a later date.
Yard waste is defined as grass clippings, leaves, vegetation, and small branches. No trash, stones, or sand can be mixed in with your yard waste. Bags found with these unacceptable materials or other debris and refuse will not be collected.
The 2020 Annual Water Quality Report can be found here.
Applying for a Marriage License
It is strongly recommended that you call ahead to make an appointment.
At that time, our staff we’ll review with you the required documentation. If possible, we ask that all required documentation (MARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS) be emailed to us in advance in order to prepare the license for your review prior to coming to Town Hall.
- Complete the marriage worksheet. Please do not sign until you are here, and we witness your signature.
- Driver’s Licenses and or valid passport. If the license shows an address other than your Cumberland address, you will be required to provide alternate documentation showing your Cumberland address such as utility bill, bank statement, etc.
- Long form Birth Certificate, original no copies. Translated by an accredited translation company, if in another language. (LIST OF ACCREDITED TRANSLATION COMPANIES ATTACHED). Here is the link to the form to request a birth certificate if either party needs a certified copy of their birth certificate; $22 for a certified copy. One can also be requested and pay for on-line here.
- Certified Copy of the Final Divorce decree from the Court is required, if either party have been divorced.
- The license is good for 90 days from the day you both sign here at Town Hall.
Please upload/email all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance so the license can be drafted. Once the documents have been received, you’ll be contacted to set up an appointment for both parties to come in with all your original documents and payment; $24 for the marriage license (cash, check or charge).
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
In the Town of Cumberland, bulky item pickup is going from every other Saturday to an every Tuesday pick up. Residents are still required to call the Cumberland Trash and Recycling Department at 401-728-2400 x155 to schedule their pickup. All scheduling needs to be completed by noon on the Thursday prior to the pickup. The schedule can be found here.