It is strongly recommended that you call ahead to make an appointment. At that time, our staff we’ll review with you the required documentation. If possible, we ask that all required documentation (MARRIAGE REQUIREMENTS ATTACHED) be emailed to us in advance in order to prepare the license for your review prior to coming to Town Hall.
- Complete the marriage worksheet. Please do not sign until you are here, and we witness your signature.
- Driver’s Licenses and or valid passport. If the license shows an address other than your Cumberland address, you will be required to provide alternate documentation showing your Cumberland address such as utility bill, bank statement, etc.
- Long form Birth Certificate, original no copies. Translated by an accredited translation company, if in another language. (LIST OF ACCREDITED TRANSLATION COMPANIES). Here is the link to the form to request a birth certificate if either party needs a certified copy of their birth certificate; $22 for a certified copy. One can also be requested and pay for on-line at https://vitalrecords.egov.com/CDC.VitalRecordsMVC.Web/Wizard/RI/Municipality/SelectMunicipality.
- Certified Copy of the Final Divorce decree from the Court is required, if either party have been divorced.
- The license is good for 90 days from the day you both sign here at Town Hall.
Please upload/email all documents to email@example.com in advance so the license can be drafted. Once the documents have been received, you’ll be contacted to set up an appointment for both parties to come in with all your original documents and payment; $24 for the marriage license (cash, check or charge).