The OCYL is one of many Departments of the Town dedicated to improving the quality of life for our residents.
To see the Request for Proposals for the Cumberland Leadership Academy, please scroll to the attachment at the bottom of this page.
Additional Town services for children and youth include:
- Early Intervention Screenings: Contact Kathy Gibney at (401) 658-1600, ext. 404
- Parks and Recreation: Offices are located at Diamond Hill Park. A children’s summer camp is offered in addition to a wide choice of programming and athletics year-round. The Monastery Playground and Picnic area are managed by the department. Contact Mike Crawley at (401) 334-9996.
- The Cumberland Public Library: The Cumberland Library has programming and resources for children and youth of all ages. It is located adjacent to OCYL providing additional services for students and families. Contact (401) 333-2552.
Additional Community Non-Profit Organizations offering educational programs include:
- The Blackstone River Theater: Phone (401) 725-9272
- Blackstone Valley Community Action Phone (401) 273-4520
- The Boys and Girls Club of Cumberland-Lincoln. Phone (401) 830-3845
- Child Care Assistance Program Phone 1 (855) 697-4347
- Clube Juvenetude Lusitania
- Community Care Alliance Phone (401) 235-7000
- Cumberland Land Trust
- The Historic Metcalf-Franklin Farm Preservation Association. Email
- Lighthouse Community Outreach - Food Bank @ 30 Meeting St. (401) 725-0335 (Mon. 5-7 PM)
- The MacColl YMCA in Lincoln. Phone: (401) 725-0773.
- Mercy Ecology at New Dawn Center (401) 333-1207
- Northern RI Food Pantry 1 Angell Rd. Cumberland (401) 347-5714 (3rd Sat./ month 9:30 -11:30)
- RI Housing Authority
- To be added to this list, please contact Liz Lemire.
|2018 Request for Proposals Leadership Academy||458.95 KB|